Lockyn - Searching (Mithyx Remix) Lockyn - Searching (Mithyx Remix)

I love how dark and ambient and reverby this is. It's almost hard to believe that this originated with a cute, happy tune like searching :)
And wow! I didn't expect to see a remix of Searching that was just published less than a month before I did mine xD. It's really interesting how we both had our own very unique takes and impressions of the same song and how the same exact song can envoke different moods, like how you heard Searching and thought of this remix in your head, and how I did with mine exactly the same, but the results are very unique and different. I'm probably over analyzing but I think my point is across xD you can check mine out if you want :)

MithyxSounds responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you dig the mood change! Also, I'll definitely check yours out :D

SVMMIT - Unlike You SVMMIT - Unlike You

I really like this :) good job!

Far Light Far Light

I really like this song, actually. it's not what I would normally listen to, but I don't mind the lack of substantial evolution because I could listen to this in the background while doing other things. But I don't see why you're getting worked up about genre boundaries. Adding melody to a specific genre doesn't take it out of the realm of music or insult the genre. I really wish people would stop getting stuck in their idea of specific, clearly defined genres and just make the music that comes to their head, not try to fit it in a perceived genre. I like the artists that label all of their music as "electronic" because it matters what the music sounds like, not exactly where it's categorized. What are you even trying to get him to accomplish by sending him a youtube video? Trying to get him to "understand the genre?" You don't need to "understand a genre" to know what feels right in music or what would sound good, so I don't know what your idea of "real electronic music' is.

I Love You All I Love You All

I've never in all my life heard a song with this chord progression. Never!! It's amazing that even the vast majority of your no-music-production-basis fans don't seem to notice the awful high frequencies that, I'm not even kidding, I have a literal headache from. The production, however unendurably generic the arrangement and music is, is kinda decent, with exception of the almost complete lack of sidechain which makes the snare sound like a sine pluck. The melody is annoying and only adds to the mess of high frequencies. Everything else has basically been said in windlux's review

Plus, 12 year old is generally used as a euphemism for a noob or whatever other terms are associated so don't even try with that "technically 8% of my fans are genuine 12 year olds so you are 92% incorrect" it's pretty obvious what he means by the term 12 year old

F-777 responds:

Ye i agree with this review 100% iv improved a lot since tho :D.

And ANYONE who uses the term "12 year old" as an insult its being
extremely ignorant. But the point was he was insulting my fans with the
term.

My point was not to hate on everyone else and especially just for their age.
Keep the hate on me. He should of just called me a n00b then.

No one seems to get that I agree with most bad points on my tracks XD.
I just don't get the hate on my listeners.

Anyways your review was on the music part was fair! Thanks!
its been a few years since this track and people pointed out the highs.

In the next 4 albums I did it was much better. If your interested I would
check out Viking Dance Machine the album!

(Chinese Dance Machine 2 tho i screwed some highs again so im going
through re-mixing them)

olli - kartta feat. dust (koraii remix) olli - kartta feat. dust (koraii remix)

Super chill track bro :) I love the foley in the beginning. The whole piece doesn't really progress all that much, but it's not a problem and doesn't take away from the song. I also enjoy the cute melody that comes in around 0:47. Good work :)

Soulflight Soulflight

I completely love this!! It's energetic and chill at the same time and it isn't too powerful. The variation is very excellent and the synths are unique and interesting while still clinging onto your fantastic style :) All I have to say is that the kick and the snare aren't completely balanced making the kick much louder which causes the snare to feel less impactful in comparison to the kick (which is great in it of itself but needs mixing with the other drums). Amazing job on this though :)

Lockyn responds:

Thank you so much! I see what you mean with the percussion, definitely my weak point. Thank you for the feedback <3

Detious - Unfinished Detious - Unfinished

These are all so sick, wish all of them would become finished one day. I also recognize the song at 2:25 from the "greatest video of all time" xD

DetiousMusic responds:

lmao you're right!

SVMMIT - Sun Kissed SVMMIT - Sun Kissed

I like this song a lot, but I don't have very much to say on it because it sounds too much like the other one to differentiate between them because they are the same style, same tempo, even the same key, and overall the same vibe, except minus the formant lead, which is a plus in my opinion :D nice job again and keep at it :)

svmmit responds:

lol yeah, I really wanted to keep a similar style on both songs for this short EP. almost kind of wanted to do like a continuous mix across the songs, but I was too short on time to pull it together for that. thanks for the reviews though !

SVMMIT - First Crush SVMMIT - First Crush

I love everything, especially the 8bit square synth. Good job on using that occasionally enough that it sounds interesting and special rather than using it too much which would have made it sound dull and repetitive. Speaking of repetition, this song does a good job at avoiding too much repetition. The only thing i find a little cheesy is the formant lead. Other than that, this is extremely solid and well mixed :)

#YOURLOVE [Melodic EDM] #YOURLOVE [Melodic EDM]

This song overall seems pretty generic, meaning it doesn't really have its own unique style to it. The production and technical aspects to it are okay. Everything I think about this song is basically said in that really long review a couple ones down.

Okay, one thing that seriously triggers me - "melodic edm" "hard edm" edm it literally all electronic music, not just mainstream electro somewhere around 128-130 bpm. edm could be dnb, dubstep, ambient, glitch hop, trap, future bass, literally anything.

DJStriden responds:

I call it EDM because that's what it is.