Detious - Unfinished Detious - Unfinished

These are all so sick, wish all of them would become finished one day. I also recognize the song at 2:25 from the "greatest video of all time" xD

DetiousMusic responds:

lmao you're right!

SVMMIT - Sun Kissed SVMMIT - Sun Kissed

I like this song a lot, but I don't have very much to say on it because it sounds too much like the other one to differentiate between them because they are the same style, same tempo, even the same key, and overall the same vibe, except minus the formant lead, which is a plus in my opinion :D nice job again and keep at it :)

svmmit responds:

lol yeah, I really wanted to keep a similar style on both songs for this short EP. almost kind of wanted to do like a continuous mix across the songs, but I was too short on time to pull it together for that. thanks for the reviews though !

SVMMIT - First Crush SVMMIT - First Crush

I love everything, especially the 8bit square synth. Good job on using that occasionally enough that it sounds interesting and special rather than using it too much which would have made it sound dull and repetitive. Speaking of repetition, this song does a good job at avoiding too much repetition. The only thing i find a little cheesy is the formant lead. Other than that, this is extremely solid and well mixed :)

#YOURLOVE [Melodic EDM] #YOURLOVE [Melodic EDM]

This song overall seems pretty generic, meaning it doesn't really have its own unique style to it. The production and technical aspects to it are okay. Everything I think about this song is basically said in that really long review a couple ones down.

Okay, one thing that seriously triggers me - "melodic edm" "hard edm" edm it literally all electronic music, not just mainstream electro somewhere around 128-130 bpm. edm could be dnb, dubstep, ambient, glitch hop, trap, future bass, literally anything.

DJStriden responds:

I call it EDM because that's what it is.

Quadrivia & lia;quo「Tamamushiiro」 Quadrivia & lia;quo「Tamamushiiro」

I loooove the drum change at 3:44 when it changes to dubstep drum speed, then changes back to fast electro. Your basses, arrangement, mix, master, EVERYTHING is amazing!!! 5 stars :)

Collapse Collapse

Very awkward. The mixing is, for lack of a less blatant term, horrible. There's no sidechaining or ducking at all, just the entire volume going down at random places due to over compression. There's no variation at all to make matters worse. I do feel sympathy for you though because we people giving you low ratings are not "haters." Being a popular musician means that you will not get very many real reviews, just praise from people who know nothing about music. I honestly don't know how people as novice as you can get 17,632 plays just like that.

Ka4rin - Destiny Ka4rin - Destiny

YO we should collab
This is fantastically mixed and mastered, I love the layout of everything. It's quite short, but I can handle it. I haven't made heavy non-melodic dubstep in a while, but I would love to make something with you :)

SVMMIT - Reflections SVMMIT - Reflections

nice work! I'm really digging the feel of this track. I love the vocal chops and synths and everything ;) One thing I would change, however. In the main parts with the drums (minus 2:04 because that's kinda dubstepy) there is a kick only on beats 1 and 3, 2 and 4 being the snare/clap thing. I think having the kick under the snare on beats 2 and 4, in other words having it on every beat with a consistent rhythm would drive the song a lot more. Everything else sounds very full and well balanced to me! NW man :)

svmmit responds:

I actually debated doing that to make the snare feel more full. I used to do it all the time.
glad you enjoyed though !

Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix) Xtrullor - Ichor (Chael Remix)

Wow! However surprised I am to see a new remix of a pretty old song, I am equally impressed at the quality of this remix :) The drums are hard hitting and it sounds very full and mixed together, except sometimes the basses don't really punch all the way through the mix, but other than that, this very solid. 4.5/5 m8 :)

ChaelMusic responds:

Thanks!!! :D

Dubstep Machine Dubstep Machine

...... My first and only recommendation is to listen to music...